Monday, August 01, 2011

Future Fundraising!

I have just done something that I have been planning to do for a while.... I have just registered for the Jane Tomlinson 10k in Leeds!!! It's a long way away, so I'm really quite optimistic about it but I actually feel quite excited. I now have something to work towards when I go running! I know quite a few people who have taken part in an event much like this, including my brother and cousin, however this will be my very first 10k event.


I have chosen to run for the charity Macmillan Cancer Support, which is one of the race's partner charities. Over the next year(ish) I will train, start collecting donations and I will prepare myself for probably one of the most rewarding tasks in my life so far!

Does anyone who has completed a 10k run for charity, have any advice for me?
I'd love to hear about your experiences!
Also if anyone else has registered or is planning to for the Leeds event then let me know!

Image is the logo of Macmillan Cancer Support, taken from their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your little thoughts are really appreciated x

Related Posts with Thumbnails