Friday, September 09, 2011

Friday Feeling #1

Image is from here.
Don't you just love the above image? What a perfect little picnic that must be! In a way it makes me think of Fridays, the day of the week that everyone looks forward to, the beginning of the weekend. "Thank God It's Friday!!" I hear you all exclaim, "Living for the Weekend" sang Hard-Fi and " Get that Friday feeling" with Crunchie... clearly, Friday is the best day of the week.

So, I thought I would make sharing my Friday feeling (on a Friday) a regular thing! I might have to start writing it in a morning, maybe about what my weekend is going to involve (as you can tell I've not thought it all through properly yet) but seeing as I had this idea tonight, I wanted to start it now.

Image is from here.
I've had a good Friday, I worked for four hours at Gap Outlet in York (it was only my second shift but I love working there already!). I then spent my afternoon catching up with my lovely friends Heather and Josh, baking muffins (pics to follow soon however they don't look very muffin like...) and planning what we can do to help us relax around doing uni work that is likely to drive us insane over the next year. It was great and we had a good giggle, just what I needed! Normally I'd spend Friday nights sat at home watching telly, so I will be catching up on what I missed tomorrow morning on BBC iPlayer, probably after a little lie in.

Image is from here.
I plan to spend my weekend reading books, drinking a lot of tea and doing some work towards university, which I am really getting into lately. (I do have to go to work on Sunday but I can still do these things around this!).

Image is from here.


I am planning to start filling scrapbooks too, one for my blog and little ideas to make it more "me", and one for me to stick things in and keep little things that I like and find inspiring. I have always been meaning to do this, but I never got round to it. I would just love to keep scrapbooks and journals that I can always rely on to inspire me, and now is the time I am going to get this into my habit. I guess it could be a New Uni Year Resolution!

Image is from here.
One last thing for my weekend, and probably next week and the following weekend and a few more weeks and weekends after that... I want some inspiration for my flat as I am now living alone. It isn't a bad thing, I quite like it, but I want it to be homey and cosy and a lot more girlie! I think the below photo is a good start to the kind of flat I want.

Image is from here.
Any ideas or inspiration would be great!! I plan to make my own cushion covers and have throws and blankets at hand, but I dunno what more I can do with it! Obviously my flat doesn't have that amazing window but it is pretty impressive, and once I have finished tidying and getting things in new rightful places I will take some photos for you all to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All your little thoughts are really appreciated x

Related Posts with Thumbnails