Monday, June 20, 2011

The Green Lantern

Yesterday I went to see the Green Lantern in 3D at the nearby cinema, and I must say I was quite impressed. As a bit of a superhero fan I thought this would be a film I'd enjoy however I don't know much about Green Lantern so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Ryan Reynolds stars as the Green Lantern, and his usual kind of role (a bit of a clown going for jokes and looking cool, and also not being someone you could really rely on) is played on a little bit at the beginning of the film and gives you that "will he be able to save the day?" question that you're supposed to get with these kinds of films.
The 3D effects were very good, I've nto seen many films in 3D so it's all kind of new to me, however once I'd got used to the perspective it gives you, I quite enjoyed the visual effects.
The film's storyline could have probably done with a little bit longer screen play, but it wasn't too packed in that you'd completely lost the plot, it maybe could have been developed more for a superhero movie. It was a good storyline however, you watch as the good guy and the baddie develop into their characters, you have the girl that they both want and there's some humour in it too so that it's not dark and twisted.

All in all a good film that I'd recommend, and if there is a sequel then I'll definitely be going to watch that too!

Image is from imdb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your little thoughts are really appreciated x

Related Posts with Thumbnails