Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Inspired

When I got my new laptop, it has Photoshop Elements already installed on it. As an Illustrator fan, with some knowledge of Photoshop, I decided to play around with it and see what it could do. I had a photo of my boyfriend Nathan and decided to see if I could make an Andy Warhol inspired picture. The results are below:


Firstly I duplicated the original photo and arranged in the four quarters. I then draw 4 identical squares as the background of each quarter. Next I changed the style of the photo to an artistic style called "cutout". I coloured in the square backgrounds and I used the Smartbrush to change the faces to match the colours of each background.
I feel that this worked well and although not exactly like the Marylin Monroe portraits created by Warhol himself, I feel I've achieved a similar effect.

Image taken from my camera and edited by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All your little thoughts are really appreciated x

Related Posts with Thumbnails