Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Maison Martin Margiela

In my Design Development and Portfolio module, the project for this semester was half group work and half individual work. The group work was the research element of the module and we were given a designer known for having an individual brand rather than someone who follows trends. The individual work is the design development, using our research to design a collection suitable for the brand, in colour and style, as well as the target audience.
Our designer... Martin Margiela.
I didn't really know a lot about him or his work before this project but having watched his shows and studying his past collections, I will now be looking out for him in new fashion shows.





Margiela's clean cut shape, bold blocks of colour and the unique style in his designs are truly inspiring, and something I hope to recreate myself not only in the design element of this project but in my own personal design collections.
 
Images courtesy of www.gq.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    All your little thoughts are really appreciated x

    Related Posts with Thumbnails